Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Paper Peacock

If you have been following my posts, you might have noticed that I have a feel, a deep appreciation for paper: its texture, pliability, and all the ways it allows you to use it, from writing to painting, from crumpling to origami and paper engineering. Here is a project I did together with Jess--the loveliest little five-years old girl you'll ever meet... Together, we googled images of peacocks online; she preferred the tail feathers to be hanging down behind, rather than spread out, so that was the way this paper peacock came into being.  


On another day, we created wings for Jess, and a rose-shaped wand, the top of which can be seen down there, at bottom center of this image. The contemplative bird seems to ponder the meaning of the designs on the wings--but whether it came to any conclusions, it is hard to know.


If you haven't seen my other paper projects, click here for my Plucked Porcupine.

12 comments:

  1. Love peacocks and love how you are interacting with such a lovely little girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you D. F. Krieger. It was such a pleasure to create this with her...

      Delete
  2. I wish my children were close enough to do art with you, Uvi! That 5-year old girl is one lucky little artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) Jess let me know as soon as she came here that what she has in mind is a masterpiece... I thought is was so endearing. How old are your kids, Britton?

      Delete