Friday, November 1, 2013

I thought reading poetry wouldn't be my cup of tea. Wow, was I wrong

John A. Miller is the author of Author of Gladstone, You’ll be Sorry! and Friends and Strangers. He is also a truck driver, which makes his point of view a unique one. I am thrilled that he posted this review, having listened to the audio edition of Home:


5.0 out of 5 stars Deep thoughtsNovember 1, 2013
By 
John A. miller (tennessee,usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Home (Kindle Edition)
Being the average American male, I am into action adventure along with a good shoot out and car chase scene. I thought reading poetry wouldn't be my cup of tea. Wow, was I wrong. I was gifted the audio version of "Home" from a friend and I'm glad I established it. I down loaded on my computer then made a CD so I could listen to it as I drive. I own an 18 wheeler and like to listen to diverse things. I left Dallas this am and as I was driving across Texas I began to listen to "Home." At first I didn't know what to anticipate, was there going to be a car chase? No, Instead I had the pleasure of listening to the deep thoughts of Uvi Poznansky. The words she expressed got me thinking about my own life and made me feel I could get to know her as I listened. I will say there were two prose that are my favorites. "Child hood years" and "A child in a wagon." Don't ask me why because I have no idea, except I was moved by them. It could of ben the words and thought's she conveyed or it reminded me of something from my own childhood. Maybe reading "Home "would be a different experience than the audio version I had the pleasure of enjoying? If you're a reader and want to reflect back in you're on way of childhood or just read about her life and thoughts. Then I highly recommend "Home." Thank you Uvi for sharing your thoughts and emotions in this book so we all can enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment