Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Unique and Fascinating Listen!

Here is a lovely new audible review, written by Aaron Paul Lazaar. Aaron Aaron is a mystery writer author, and many of his books have audiobook editions. I am thrilled by what he says about the narration of A Favorite Son:

  • Aaron P. LazarGeneseo, New York, United States02-13-14
    Overall
    Performance
    Story

"A Unique and Fascinating Listen!"
Where does A Favorite Son rank among all the audiobooks you’ve listened to so far?
It's very hard for me to place this among my other audio books, which are all either mystery, suspense, or thriller. This is a totally different style of book, so it would have to be looked at as a standalone. That said, this is a superbly produced, high quality piece of work. The story is beautifully written and the narration is top notch.

What did you like best about this story?

Although this type of parable-style story set in distant desert lands was completely out of my usual genre, I found it fascinating, and was disappointed when it was over.

What about David Kudler’s performance did you like?
I loved the narrator's amazing array of voices. His accents were so well done, I was blown away by his interpretation and acting skills. I will be looking him up to see what else he does in "real life," for he sounded as though he could have done a one man show on Broadway, he was "that" good.

Did you have an extreme reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?
No, but it piqued my curiosity constantly. I loved the twists and turns and symbolic nature of the story and objects highlighted within.

Any additional comments?
A surprising gem among books - take a listen!


No comments:

Post a Comment