Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I'm Whispering Words Into Myself

Thomas Baker is the author of I Live In Chile. I am thrilled that he said this about my novel, Apart From Love:

5.0 out of 5 stars Apart From Love: "I'm Whispering Words Into Myself"May 6, 2014
This review is from: Apart From Love (Kindle Edition)
(Quote) "What matters is only what's here. I touch my skin right under my breasts, which is where the little one's curled, and where he kicks, 'cause he has to. Like, he don't feel so cosy no more. Here, can you feel it? I reckon he wants me to talk to him. He can hear me inside, for sure. He can hear every note of this silvery music. It ripples all around him, wave after wave. I can tell that it's starting to sooth him. It's so full of joy, of delight, even if to him, it's coming across somewhat muffled. Like a dream in a dream, it's floating inside, into his soft, tender ear. I close my eyes and hold myself, wrapping my arms real soft--around me around him--and I rock ever so gently, back and forth, back and forth, with every note of this silvery marvel. You can barely hear me--but here I am, singing along. I'm whispering words into myself, into him." (end of quote)

Lyrical, sensual, visual, and beautiful words are above. The words paint pictures in our mind, the rhythm and cadence find a home within our ear, our mind, our hearts, and we enjoy it. The "feel" we get from Author Uvi Poznansky is one of authentic language in use, unchanged from the spoken word. It has not been transformed into standard English, and for this reason, is all the more powerful. If you love a well written story, told by an author who understands that words do things, words tell stories about character, about class, about situation, about aspiration, you will love this book. Oh, if you are into grammar, and love books in standard English, then this is not the book you are looking for. Yet I do believe this book is fully capable of providing you with a pleasurable reading experience. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment