Saturday, May 24, 2014

In a dark night

Poem by my father

Translated from Hebrew by me


In a dark night with not a friend
I walked all alone in the world
A splitting burst of thunder I heard
And sea breakers that hammered and curled.

A thunder rolled over the skies
Wind gusts battered me with a cry
Terror blinded my eyes
I couldn’t tell an enemy from an ally.

In a night with not a friend, all bleary
I could see no shelter around
I walked on, broken and weary
Searching for hope to be found

My charcoal painting, untitled

★ Inspired by poetry? Treat yourself a gift ★
FREE Kindle ★ Nook ★ Apple ★ Kobo 
AudibleUS ★ UK  FR  DE
Audiobook: Amazon US  Amazon UK
Paperback: Amazon  Barnes&Noble

"HOME is an invitation, a very personal one, and should not be passed over"

No comments:

Post a Comment