Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Closing the door behind them, he took her in his arms

Nodding his head toward their bedroom, he took her hand and led her back. Closing the door behind them, he took her in his arms. Their bodies melded together perfectly from all the years they’d been together.
“I love you so much,” he whispered, his voice husky. About to say I don’t know what I’d do without you but caught it before the words spewed out.
“Jason, I love you, too.”
They kissed guiltily, not used to daytime affection. The girls were always there, interlopers to intimacy that only found a voice in the dark after everyone was in bed.
“Just pray it’s negative,” Harley said. “I don’t know how I’ll cope. I’m so worried about leaving you.”
“It’s probably nothing, Harley. Just know that if anything happens to you, we’ll be fine. Just like I know if anything happened to me, you’d be fine. No worries, okay? Let’s get through today.”
They agreed to let each other feel what needed to be felt. “I guess we had better get out there,” Harley said.

Excerpt from Perfect for Him by Suzanne Jenkins
Included in A Touch of Passion


Love Romance? Get this amazing collection
No longer available

A hearty thank you to our wonderful readers
who not only nominated A Touch of Passion for the 
Romance Reviews Reader Choice Awards 
but also took us all the way to first place:


"The authors... all have gifts to offer and in tandem they present a very fine collection of contemporary writing about Romance, suspense, fiction and a touch of history, Fine curl p by the fire reading" 
-Grady Harp, Hall of Fame Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment