Saturday, May 20, 2017

This book is a True Treasure!

Just discovered this review for my art book, Inspired by Art: The Edge of Revolt:


on May 20, 2017
Growing up in a large city, I was often taken by my parents to one museum and art gallery after another, as a matter of course. I would stand in front of paintings, etchings, drawings, and sculpture and wonder at the fine creativity of the various artists presented.

But I’d also get tired and bored. Truth be told, I realized as an adult that as spontaneous as the atmosphere at a live exhibit can be, I much preferred studying art books at home, on my sofa, with a cup of tea at my side, a blanket over my legs. I could either take my time or flip through a page here or there, in great comfort.

Imagine my delight when I discovered Uvi Poznansky’s INSPIRED BY ART: THE EDGE OF REVOLT. This is a magnificent collection of artworks she used as inspiration for her well-received series, THE DAVID CHRONICLES. The depth and breadth of this collection is astounding. Color engravings, etchings, pencil drawings, calligraphy, mezzo tints, and oil paintings by the likes of Rembrandt, Chagall, Tissot, Michelangelo, and the modern American artist, Ivan Schwebel, just to name a few. For me, sitting on my couch and taking my time, these works simply leapt off the pages at me. I also greatly enjoyed the titles and quotes beneath many of the works, such as:
“For the hatred wherewith he hated her was greater
than the love wherewith he had loved her.”

All in all, if you’re in the mood for a fantastic way to spend hours on your couch or your favorite chair, relaxing, I highly recommend this book. It’s a true gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment